Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 December 2011

How to create suspense in the opening thriller

When there is something worry in the scene example a bomb, I am going to be panning the room or the location the shoot is in and look for some thing that would create suspense. In my thriller I am going to edit a lot of the shot because when the editing is fast it creates tension. If I am going to use point of view shots in my opening thriller I will need to make sure that the character is looking directly at the camera because when a men is looking at a women and I am taking it in the mans point of view I need to make sure the women looks right into the camera and then with the editing I will cut out the close ups of the men and then go into his point of view. I am going to us a lot of close ups when something important happens. It makes the audience know what is happening. I am going to keep the story short because by doing it shot you can create suspense’s very easily out of it. To create suspense’s I need to be in the audience place and us easy story so that the audience can follow the story. When I am going to create the characters in the opening scene I need to do the opposite the things people think example like blonds are not smart for a lot of people an this is shown in a lot of films and TV dramas , so I want to turn the dum blond into a smart blond. This will catch more tension because it is unusual. The best thing to do to create suspense is to put two unrelated things happening at once. The audience will be focuses on one moment but then get interrupted by the other scene. The biggest thing that creates suspense is showing the audience what the characters don’t see. If something is about to harm the characters I want to show it at beginning of the scene and let the scene play out as normal because this makes the audience think ‘ what’s going to happen next’ and it pulls in the audiences to the film and creates tension . Suspense is build up when the character do not know what is going to happen but the audience does.

No comments:

Post a Comment